We are proud of GP Cellulose’s partnership with UNICEF and our valued customers in addressing the need for water, sanitation and hygiene in many of the areas where we do business.
The Blue Hand® Project
This program supports stronger national policies of WASH services in schools and pre-schools/early child development centers (Anganwadi Centers, or AWCs), conducts training programs for teachers, and implements a national communications strategy for Clean India schools campaign.
- $500.000 committed to WASH programs in India from the sale of every ton of GP Cellulose product in India in 2019 and 2020
- 615.000+ schools participated in Global Handwashing Day activities to increase awareness of WASH practices
- 15 states targeted to receive improved communication and training programs
- 73.300.000 children have benefitted from WASH activities and hygiene promotion campaigns with our support
To date, the partnership has committed $2 million to UNICEF’s WASH programs in China and India.
El proyecto Green Hand®
GP Cellulose partnered with UNICEF from 2013 to 2019, to support their water and sanitation programs in early childhood development centers and primary schools in China.
- $1.500.000 donated through the sale of Golden Isles Fluff Pulp (pulpa de celulosa Golden Isles) between 2013 and 2019
- The lives of 500.000 children from more than 300 schools lives have been improved through planning and education
- 50 project schools have created clean water, sanitation and hygiene action plans and integrated WASH education
- 39 other counties in China have replicated these initiatives after seeing this successful pilot